Skip to main content

Randoms

It's been awhile since my last post. I've been contemplating how to entertain my following with my bits of wit...okay, that's crap...I've been up to my elbows in data crunching in my cubicle. Oh no, I'm not done, just taking a break.

Over the course of the past week my obsession with Crystal Light Lemonade has also morphed into an extreme like of Diet Lemonade from Chick-fil-A. It's SO good!

It's graduation weekend here, and I am so glad. It's the end of another semester, and the majority of them all go away for the summer! Bliss! No traffic. No waiting in line at the grocery store, at restaurants, anywhere.

I made the most amazing supper the other night, and none of it really went together. I grilled a piece of Tilapia. It was okay. I'm not very good at cooking fish (I've been told that I grill the best steak ever, but fish...no), nor am I very excited about cooking for one. To go with my fish I made steamed broccoli (the new Ziploc steamer bags are AMAZING!), corn on the cob, and sauteed mushrooms. Completely random, but oh so delicious. I confirmed that I need more practice cooking fish, that Tony's seasoning should not be used on fish, and that one should not attempt to eat corn on the cob while on the couch--it makes for a mess. I followed my main course with reduced fat vanilla ice cream and berries...YUM! I've eaten so many strawberries lately, I may just turn into one!

The new bed is still amazing!

I really like this time of year. I really DISLIKE the increasing temperatures and the elevated levels of humidity. But, I do really, really like the season of fresh produce. My fridge is full of fresh fruits and veggies. Heavy on the fruit, and I know that's not as good as the veggies. Man, I just love the berries and the watermelon and the pineapple. Along these lines, I am going to so miss the Farm Patch (a little local produce market) and HEB (only, the best grocery store ever!) should I leave Texas.

Speaking of food...I have found a recipe that I cannot wait to try. It combines two of my absolute favorite things BEEF and BUTTER! I stumbled across it on the Pioneer Woman's site. Check it out--she has a really neat page! Look at this recipe and tell me that your mouth doesn't water.....Steak Bites

Unfortunately I have little to report where the MJF book is concerned...my evenings have went like this...leave school between 7 and 8, get home to eat and decompress with wine and TV, shower and bed. My brain is fried after a day of data!!

I've only eaten out once this week! (Thanks Lauren!) I needed to get away more than I needed to eat!

The Bean is en route to my Wal-mart store!! I'm getting excited!

Have a fabulous weekend! I hope to take a little drive around Texas, and spend some time with an old friend. I also need to find black patent pumps to go with my fancy dress for a wedding on June 6 (thank you Lauren for not making me cut cake!). Then there's always laundry and a quick sprucing up of the casa and playing with Newt (the best dog ever) and moving forward on this darned dissertation!

Peace, Love, and Lemonade!
~Fern

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

'80s Ladies

I apologize for my absence, but we'll cover that later. On a recent road trip (day trip), for work, I made a little list in my head, let's see if I can recall the jist of it all. I worked up a list of things that we should all have in our memory books, and on my list, thanks to my iPod, I have the '80s ladies. No, not the great friends from the dorm and I that re-worked the K.T. Oslin's hit from the '80s. That is definitely another story for another time. As I was cruising across the Lone Star State in my Gold Lincoln Town Car on Friday of last week, I spent a lot of time being thankful that it was a solo mission---I did a lot of singing and dancing in that car that day. Some of the favorite stops made by my iPod were on the Ladies of the 80s. Let me just share with you right now that my musical stylings were utterly amazing and a force to be reckoned with, not to mention the moves that accompanied them. Tell me, who doesn't know their way through &