Skip to main content

'80s Ladies

I apologize for my absence, but we'll cover that later.

On a recent road trip (day trip), for work, I made a little list in my head, let's see if I can recall the jist of it all. I worked up a list of things that we should all have in our memory books, and on my list, thanks to my iPod, I have the '80s ladies. No, not the great friends from the dorm and I that re-worked the K.T. Oslin's hit from the '80s. That is definitely another story for another time.

As I was cruising across the Lone Star State in my Gold Lincoln Town Car on Friday of last week, I spent a lot of time being thankful that it was a solo mission---I did a lot of singing and dancing in that car that day. Some of the favorite stops made by my iPod were on the Ladies of the 80s. Let me just share with you right now that my musical stylings were utterly amazing and a force to be reckoned with, not to mention the moves that accompanied them.


Tell me, who doesn't know their way through "My Arms Stay Open All Night" and "Just Another Love"...

Likewise, raise your hand if you are unfamiliar with "18 Wheels and A Dozen Roses".






Notice, I tried hard to find images that represent the era...yes I did.

Although I don't remember any "Chains" or "Timber I'm Falling in Love" from my little escape, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.


I may have put "Heart Over Mind" on the journey, although I don't recall.



And there were others. Look up Lacy J. Dalton. She and I shared "Black Coffee" on "16th Avenue". Do it.

I do recall some timeless classics.


I was at work from "9 to 5" (and maybe an hour or two either side of that) and maybe I did a little "Hard Candy Christmas" shopping...I was definitely no where near "Islands in the Stream", no water for miles around.

Questions such as "What am I Going to Do About You?" may have crossed my mind.  I didn't exactly declare that "I'm a New Fool at an Old Game", although "You're the First Time I've Thought About Leaving" and "You Lift Me Up".

Maybe, just maybe I should have stuck with the original plan of sharing things like

  • Catching fireflies in beer bottles
  • Wading in the mud
  • Eating sugar cereal at Grandma's house
  • Not learning how to ride a bike until the first grade due to the lack of sidewalks until then...sand and training wheels do not mesh well, FYI

Comments

  1. Oh I just love this, Fern!!!! I'm downloaded all of these songs as I type - thanks for the memories of great 80's Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Definitely need to upgrade the iPod. Hope your journey was fantastic.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, please see me for any and all "Vintage" and/or "Retro" country recommendations...I'd also highly recommend Doug Stone, Steve Wariner, Kenny, early George (of course), as well as early Alabama (see Moonlight Lounge), and Don Williams. Also, I just realized that Holly Dunn was left off this list of goodies this morning. She's a good one to visit with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I sang along with each title as I was reading. Now I have "My arms stay open all night" stick in my head....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes