|(From somewhere on Pinterest).|
Not only do I have food in my fridge, clothes on my back, and a warm bed to sleep in at night...my cup over flows with family and friends (although not near) and experiences that I wouldn't trade.
I may never see the castles in Ireland, but I've seen...
- the St. Louis Arch (even went to the top in the tiny elevator)
- the Golden Gate bridge (been across it in a 15 passenger rental van, can you say that??)
- the "Faces" a.k.a. Mt. Rushmore
- the Alamo
- both the Atlantic and the Pacific and the Gulf of Mexico (and the North Platte River, but who's counting?)...I've dipped my toes in the Atlantic and the Gulf
- the Most Southern Point of the U.S.
- the National Championship football game (the Orange Bowl to be exact, Tom Osborne's last game as head coach of the Cornhuskers to be more specific, and they won...take that Payton Manning and Tennessee)
I was fortunate to go to college and onto graduate school.
I am the proud owner of the best dog ever, who happens to be my best pal and completely ruined. I ask myself often how that happened. I have no good explanation, other than supporting evidence that most of my show cattle and hogs were very much the same way. OOPS.
I am also very proud and extremely fortunate to say that my family has helped (and continues) to contribute to our Nation's (and our World's) food supply for 4 generations.
- cannot swim
- did not learn to ride a bike without training wheels until I was 8
- made a near perfect lay-up at the wrong basket during a Jr. High basketball game
- have never shot a golf game under 100 on 18
- have lived in Texas for 10+ years and do not prefer Pecan Pie
- do not like white gravy.
- make it to Yellowstone
- see the Northern Lights
- visit Alaska
- tour the lighthouses in Maine
- see the castles in Ireland.