Skip to main content

It Brightened My Day


Thank You my "sister" and her family for brightening my day!! I GOT FLOWERS TODAY!!! Trust me, this NEVER happens!! And, they just happen to be one of my "right now" colors...orange! What started out as a "off" day turned up when the flower man came. I didn't sleep well. No, it wasn't the new mattress or my Cinco de Mayo activities of yesterday. I think I just had a lot on my mind. Received yet more rejection in the mail yesterday...I am jobless, soon to be homeless... Also, my dad had a skin cancer spot removed from his neck this morning. They have been telling me that it is not much to worry about...I'm worrying damnit! Its times like this that make me question my Texas-ness. Don't get me wrong, I've loved my time here and the friends and "family" that I have made here, but it sucks being so far from home!

I did get up and get myself together today...haven't done a lot of that lately. And...I have made very little forward progress where my academic life is concerned and that itself is problematic. I have been very easily sidetracked lately and unfocused...funny thing though, I get like this and all of a sudden motivation will hit me and I'll make major progress...why, how does this happen!! I have a potential meeting tomorrow afternoon if not Friday with my major professor...gotta get a move on!!

Long story short...thanks Jamie, Jeff, and girls for the flowers...just what I needed to add some spunk to a crummy day.

Stay tuned...on this evening's agenda...bowling! Also, please watch for a recommended reading list in future postings and Ferns Fave Shows...I know, I need to study more and get a life!

Comments

  1. Hey sorry to hear about Dad, I can only imagine how they are glossing it over for you. Hope he is ok - Glad the flowers help a little on the crummy day, although they look nothing like I thought they would. The girls love getting your gifts so much that we thought it would be a nice surprise for you. They had a blast picking them out! Take care of yourself.

    Love ya - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must suck at realizing there are comments! This has been there near a week and I just found it! Practice, practice, practice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes