Skip to main content

Look out Betty Crocker!

I tried not one, but three new recipes this weekend! I tried the Steak Bites recipe I posted awhile back. DELICIOUS! I was right...beef in butter cooked in an iron skillet...AMAZING! Mom mentioned a recent "invention", some kind of salad. It sounded good. I tried it. It's good! Cucumber, tomato, purple onion, red bell pepper, with balsamic vinaigrette. I let all of that soak, I guess the correct term would be marinade. When it was time to serve, I added feta. I am a genius...YUMM-O! That was last night. This morning I got the wild hair to make pancakes and bacon. May not sound difficult to some, but I've never made pancakes before in all of my years. It was a mix, don't let me fool you. But, I did use cream (fat free creamer) instead of milk and added a little vanilla. After I poured each pancake in my skillet, I added blueberries. Such a good idea! If you add them after mixing, the berries stay whole and the batter doesn't get all purpley. My maiden voyage into pancakes was a success. No more will I have to traipse to our favorite brunch spot. Ya'll bring me bloody marys, I'll whip up some blueberry pancakes! Late this afternoon, I got the random urge to whip up some fried chicken. I've never made that before either. Like the pancakes, I must have had beginners luck on my side. What a great summery supper....fried chicken, my cucmber etc. salad, and an ear of sweet corn! Of course, I had a glass or two (or three) of Crystal Light lemonade. Sorry that just read like a diet diary (not really like a diet--there was butter and oil and bacon and pancakes). I am so excited about my culinary attempts and their positive outcomes.
It's Sunday night, and it was a good weekend. Nothing special...no wild stories to report...no big crowds, but it was a good weekend. My house is clean. I never made it out to clean the car. Something about 90+ degree weather doesn't make the task that appealing. It has to get done this week...Acura wedding weekend road trip! Lauren's getting married on Saturday. I have a foxy dress, some swanky shoes, Spanxx (man those things rock!), and a can of spray on tanner from Wal-mart that I pray works (I'd appreciate ya'll's prayers as well...) because I really don't want to spend the 20-something bucks to get sprayed at the tanning place. Although it's a somewhat necessary expense...the skin on my feet and legs is past pastey...it's transparent!
Friday night, Brandi made supper, we drank wine, and we watched the movie "New in Town". WATCH IT! I still giggle to think about it!
Have a great week! I have tables to make like you would not believe, but that means there is an end to statistical analysis...if it's not one thing it's another!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

'80s Ladies

I apologize for my absence, but we'll cover that later. On a recent road trip (day trip), for work, I made a little list in my head, let's see if I can recall the jist of it all. I worked up a list of things that we should all have in our memory books, and on my list, thanks to my iPod, I have the '80s ladies. No, not the great friends from the dorm and I that re-worked the K.T. Oslin's hit from the '80s. That is definitely another story for another time. As I was cruising across the Lone Star State in my Gold Lincoln Town Car on Friday of last week, I spent a lot of time being thankful that it was a solo mission---I did a lot of singing and dancing in that car that day. Some of the favorite stops made by my iPod were on the Ladies of the 80s. Let me just share with you right now that my musical stylings were utterly amazing and a force to be reckoned with, not to mention the moves that accompanied them. Tell me, who doesn't know their way through &