Skip to main content

I don't thing I'm dealing w/ Mickey Mouse

Last week a pest control man so kindly brought me mouse bait... I get to the office this morning to find that those little bastards have only eaten the bait by my desk! 6 little bait squares and they eat nearly 1/3 to 1/2 of the one by my desk. The pest man told me that one bite and the little feller would be done for. I am hoping and praying that he/she/they have went and found a more romantic place to meet their maker than in one of my desk drawers. I still don't get the full appeal of my desk. When we discovered the mouse issue earlier this Spring, I was the only one with a desk full of mouse poo. All that I had in my cubical, in my desk, were some cough drops and some Midol. Everyone else has cubbys full of snacks! I guess it's like what they say about dogs and how they find the person that tends to like them least to pester first. Damn them little creatures! I have NEVER liked them. Not in my feed room, not in my barn, not in the ranch truck, not at all...and certainly NOT in my cubicle where I spend more time than my house some days!
**As I write this, I sit @ my desk with the iTunes turned up and my feet up on a stool (which I put them on all the time anyway...it's the pits to be short....when I sit at a desk, my feet dangle...don't like it, so one of my students brought me a stool a few years ago.)

Randoms:
  • Dasani water has these new "unsweetened lightly flavored" waters....they are gross! I tried the Lime Essence this morning. Crap I tell you, it's terrible.
  • Agenda for today: mani/pedi's with Lauren and Brandi to celebrate Lauren's entrance into matrimony this weekend. But that's not all...after nails we are headed to La Bodega for some Mex and AMAZING margarita and if we have any spunk left in us, we'll head to Mad Hatters for $2 Teas on Tuesday...mmmmm, too bad we all need to be productive on Wednesday.
  • I have Fiesta Ware. I like to pick my plate color to go with what I'm eating and what suits my mood at the time. It makes me feel festive or special or something...really you are probably thinking that I'm just "special".
  • My new neighbors have a Beagle. The damn thing barks all of the time. I may find a way to choke a Beagle. The continual barking not only annoys me, but it seems to wear on Newts nerves. We can't have Newton upset.
  • The @ home attempt @ spray tanning is alright so far. Not streaky. Not too spotty. My feet are a little weird, but that happens even @ the tanning place. And, I'm so very thankful that no one can see me while I attempt to spray tan myself.
  • Tomorrow night: Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers acoustic!! Get excited, I am.
  • Saturday: Lauren and Levi's Wedding! I'm gonna be fancy, and I'm unusually excited about that. I have a new dress and everything.
  • Next week: We're stock contractors. Okay, not really, but it's fun to say. We have to take some ewes to a County Fair for the Muttin' Bustin'. AND Jason Boland, for free, in the park! I don't know which I'm more excited about.

I almost forgot...I had a job offer this morning! Dad called. They synchronized cows yesterday. They had them separated from their calves, and in a feed lot pen for the night. He got to the ranch this morning and they had tore down the gate and gotten all mixed up again. He and dog waded though the feed lot mud (we had 1+ inches of rain last night, WHOOP!) and didn't manage to get them sorted again, but they are contained. He told me that I could come home and take over...the pay and benefits weren't that snazzy, but the work was steady. I'm keeping my options open!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes