Skip to main content

Hello Thursday...



This is what I woke up to this morning.

Maybe before I explain, I should set the stage. Saturday, I went on a trip to the nursery, to Walmart, etc. Sunday, I worked in the yard...planting the results of Saturday's trip, painting lawn chairs, raking out the carport, and so on. I placed 2 large identical pots in either corner of my front yard. There is a pipe fence around my house with a top rail that is hip high on me and another rail about 2 feet below that. Surrounding my house and it's little fence is a pasture and the rest of ranch headquarters where cows "free range". I had set the pots in from the corners to prevent bovine snacking; however, as you can see by the bottom photo, not far enough.

As I was making coffee this morning, I looked out the window to see it all go down. Out the back door I ran to assess the carnage and attempt to salvage what was left and/or save the matching pot. The top photo is of the mate in the opposite corner of the yard that survived the morning unscathed. The bottom photos is of the carnage I ran out to find in PJ's, bed head, and flip flops. Be thankful you are not my neighbor.

**I apologize for the non-matching filters from Instagram. I couldn't retain the name long enough in my busy little memory.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes