Skip to main content

BLESSINGS

(From somewhere on Pinterest).




I found the above "poster" on Pinterest awhile back.  This morning, I don't know if it was the cool morning or the prospect of a good weekend that put pep in my step and a fullness, yet lightness, in my heart, but as the dog licked my had I realized that I have more than plenty to be thankful for, to be grateful for, to treasure.  I am blessed.

Not only do I have food in my fridge, clothes on my back, and a warm bed to sleep in at night...my cup over flows with family and friends (although not near) and experiences that I wouldn't trade. 

I may never see the castles in Ireland, but I've seen...
  • the St. Louis Arch (even went to the top in the tiny elevator)
  • the Golden Gate bridge (been across it in a 15 passenger rental van, can you say that??)
  • the "Faces" a.k.a. Mt. Rushmore
  • the Alamo
  • both the Atlantic and the Pacific and the Gulf of Mexico (and the North Platte River, but who's counting?)...I've dipped my toes in the Atlantic and the Gulf
  • the Most Southern Point of the U.S.
  • the National Championship football game (the Orange Bowl to be exact, Tom Osborne's last game as head coach of the Cornhuskers to be more specific, and they won...take that Payton Manning and Tennessee)
I had all four of my grandparents until I was a freshman in college.

I was fortunate to go to college and onto graduate school.

I am the proud owner of the best dog ever, who happens to be my best pal and completely ruined.  I ask myself often how that happened.  I have no good explanation, other than supporting evidence that most of my show cattle and hogs were very much the same way. OOPS.

I am also very proud and extremely fortunate to say that my family has helped (and continues) to contribute to our Nation's (and our World's) food supply for 4 generations.

Although, I...
  • cannot swim
  • did not learn to ride a bike without training wheels until I was 8
  • made a near perfect lay-up at the wrong basket during a Jr. High basketball game
  • have never shot a golf game under 100 on 18
  • have lived in Texas for 10+ years and do not prefer Pecan Pie
  • do not like white gravy.
 Someday I will..
  • make it to Yellowstone
  • see the Northern Lights
  • visit Alaska
  • tour the lighthouses in Maine
  • see the castles in Ireland.

Comments

  1. Your post have me goosebumps. We really do have so much to be thankful for. There must be something in the air because this week has had an awesomeness in the air!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your post via Crystal Cattle.

    I have not joined the Pinterest party. The more I see and hear the more I am tempted. The Hubby already calls me addicted to the computer, not sure I need another thing to keep up with.

    How awesome for you to be at the Orange Bowl and see the Huskers win! I am a native Nebraskan!

    I also think it is great that you were able to have a relationship with all 4 of your Grandparents. I think that is rare. I have known 2 Grandparents and 1 Great -Grandma.

    Robyn
    http://theranchwifechronicles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we really don't realise how lucky we are, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes