Skip to main content

It's been a long time, baby!

Wow! I didn't realize how long it has been since my last post! A lot has happened in the month of August--
1) I'm moved into my new place. As of last night, I'm as settled as I'm going to get.
2) I survived Beef Cattle Short Course.
3) My friends and I discovered an excellent breakfast venue.
4) Found a random biker bar and loved it.
5) I survived yet another wedding.
6) I continue my journey down the road of "Find a Job" as I struggle to finish
7) I made my friend Brandi an excellent birthday dinner if I say so myself. Hell, I even did all of the dishes!

I'll post about each of these and try to get caught up. For now, I 'll post about yesterday...The past couple of weeks have been a struggle to say the least. I can be quoted as saying, "I'd leave if I had somewhere to go..." numerous times in the past few days. Well, I'm going to finish with wavering enthusiasm because I started this and I'll finish it. However, finishing will be without the zest I had at the beginning. ANYWAY...going to church always seems to make me feel better. I was up early on Sunday morning. I ate breakfast, drank coffee, got ready--I even had on real slacks and not jeans...AND I was even early to the church...THERE WAS NO CHURCH! For whatever reason the church decided to have a one time deal...cancel 8:30 and 10:45 church and have one service at 9:30. That right there will promote some unholy thoughts! I was very upset! What do I do next...tried to go to HEB (a beautiful, giant grocery store that I will miss very, very much) on a Sunday. I figured that I was in the clear as it was 11:00 on a Sunday morning and folks would be in church (where I wanted to be)...I was definitely not the only one with that idea! That place was a zoo! What saved me was the sampling stations all over the place--I ate and drank (they had wine samples) my way through the entire store. And snow crab legs were on sale for $3.99/lb and I rewarded myself for surviving the trip and gifted myself in an attempt to make me feel better since my plans of Sunday worship had been thwarted. I still haven't eaten them....tonight's agenda...CRAB LEGS! I got busy around the house and ran out of time and wasn't that hungry by dinner time. This weekend I got tired of bare walls and waiting for anything to come around, so I broke down and hung up curtains and hung things on the walls. I didn't get anything new, except for the patio door, just made do with what I have and it's okay. What I have may not be fancy to some, but it's what I have and it makes me happy, for the most part. There were some retched maroon kindof brocade looking solar drape/curtain things hanging on the patio door in the master bedroom...UGLY...and they smelled funny. They have since been replaced by burlap panels that I fashioned myself and without sewing or iron on tape (I couldn't get to either one in the spare room closet if I tried). They're snazzy. Actually, the whole place makes me a notch or two happier now, and I'll take those little bits of happiness when I can get them.

With that, I'll close with a couple of lines from only the BEST movie ever, Lonesome Dove:

Life in San Francisco is still just life. If ya want only one thing too much its likely to be a disappointment. Now, the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to love all the little everyday things...a sip of good whiskey of an evening or a soft bed or a glass of buttermilk...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has it really been THAT long...

I had no idea that it has been MONTHS since I posted last.  There are so many days when a blog idea strikes and the business of life takes over, thus the blog never happens. Maybe I'll add that to my 2016 plan.  Whatever 2015 was--I am determined to make 2016 a bit brighter, a bit lighter and a bit more mine.  I'm a living attempt to rework a lifestyle--to eat better, to plan healthier and to insert some exercise.  I hope to make more time for myself  to spend a bit more time doing what I enjoy whether it be taking pictures or cooking or writing.  I continue to dream of a horizon where I can watch a sunset, but until then, I'll keep on keeping on in the Midwest with an excess of trees, a lack of fine Mexican food and a shortage of good music and drink.

TGIF

TGIF by onlyfern featuring rubber shoes